What is the ECAA Visa?
According to Article 41 of the Additional Protocol to the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) with Turkey (also known as Ankara Agreement), and under Article 6(1) of Decision 1/80 of the Association Council established by that agreement, you can apply for a Turkish Businessperson (ECAA visa) if you are a Turkish national and you want to: start a new business in the UK OR come to the UK to help run an established business.
Who is Eligible?
Investor must be a Turkish national and show that:
- Option A: a genuine intention to set up a viable business OR
- Option B: join an existing partnership or company.
Besides that ECAA visa
- No language requirements
- No minimum investment amount
- No ‘Genuine Entrepreneur Test’
- No residency requirements
- Faster processing
- Permissible to operate company from home office
Pathway to Residency & Citizenship
1. Apply for 1 Year ECAA Visa
Have genuine plans and financing to start a new business or become partner of existing business.
Note: Must apply 3 months before planned entry to UK
Applicants must provide proof that they are in the process of planning, setting up, or running your business. This may include: Business Plan, Business License, Articles of Association, Partnership Agreements, Insurance, Bank accounts, Proof of finances for investment.
2. Apply for 1-3 year Visa Extensions
Profits of business must cover normal business operations and living expenses for applicant and dependents
3. Apply for Permanent Residency after 5 years with ECAA visa
Pass language and life tests
Must have spent 186 days in the UK during any 12 month period over the previous 5 years.
Once approved, no longer required to run business.
4. Apply for Citizenship after 1 year with Permanent Residency
Note: Currently the ECAA program is valid until Dec 31, in which it may be extended or cancelled. Therefore if investors want to pursue this option to arrive in UK, they should move ahead with Turkey soon.
Please see more about Turkey Citizenship investment here