1. Minimum investment in PEI
As an immigrant investor, you and your immediate family can obtain Canadian Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visas by investing at least 150.000 CAD to start a new business or buy at least 33.3% of existing business shares.
2. Why should I choose PEI to immigration by investment?
- Speedy process approximately 4-7 months for an interview
- The best health care sytem in the world : free medical care for the family after residing in PEI for 6 months
- Free to live, study and do bussiness in PEI
- Over 65 public schools for free ( kindergarten to grade 12)
- The spouse can obtain an open work permit
3. Am I eligible to apply?
- To be eligible for nomination through the Work Permit stream you must:
- have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- have a minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company
- Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration.
- Meet the terms and conditions of the Performance Agreement signed with the Office of Immigration.
4. How do I apply?
5. How can I get PEI nomination?
The applicant must:
- Maintain residence on the island while operating the business and be physically present in PEI for a minimum of 274 days of the year;
- Note: If a dependent child is attending a post-secondary institution outside of PEI, the PEI PNP does not require the child to be physically present in PEI for that time period.
- Invest a minimum of $150,000 into the business within 12 months of landing in PEI;
- Operate the business for a minimum of twelve consecutive months;
- Provide active and ongoing management of the business from within PEI;
- Provide prepared financial statements noting a minimum of $75,000 in eligible operating expenses; and
- Meet all other terms and conditions of the signed Performance Agreement.
6. How can I get PR after we get the nomination from PEI PNP?
After you receive a nomination you are responsible for submitting your Application for Permanent Residency to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) along with your nomination certificate. IRCC will then assess your application for admissibility factors. You can check processing times at IRCC on their website.The Applicant and family remain in PEI, maintaining legal status until PRV issuance.
After receiving a provincial nomination, the applicant has six months to submit a federal application for Canadian permanent residence. Applicants in this program must complete and submit a paper-based application for permanent residence and submit it by mail to the appropriate application centre. Paper-based PNP applications for permanent residence are generally processed within 18 months.
7. What is the common work on PEI?
Agriculture, tourism and fishing are important industries in the PEI. The manufacturing sector consists mainly of food processing. High technology is becoming more and more important, especially in Medicine, Electronics and Agriculture. Please read more in the article overview of PEI economy
8. What is the average living cost on PEI?
See more here
9. What is the advantage of obtaining a Provincial Nomination?
A Provincial Nomination means that your application for a Canada Immigration Visa will be processed quickly and it provides another way of qualifying for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa apart from the Federal Skilled Worker category of Canadian immigration
10. Do I have to give up current nationality when being granted a permanent resident visa to PEI?
Canada is a country that allows citizens to dual citizenship, so Canada does not force people to give up their nationality. Granting a permanent visa when you settle in PEI does not lose your nationality, so you and your family can return to your country at any time.