1. Which nationalities may apply for a Turkish passport?
All foreigners who are allowed to buy property in Turkey by Turkish law may apply for Turkish citizenship by investment.
2. What conditions must be met by the main applicant for Turkish Immigration?
– Principal applicant is above 18 years of age
– The applicant has purchased a property in Turkey from a Turkish citizen or company with an appraised value of USD$250,000 or more
– Must purchase medical insurance (~$150/year), no medical examination required
– No background check, no source of funds
3. What are the main advantages of applying Turkish Citizenship by investment?
Click here to get more information.
4. How long does it take to obtain Turkish Citizenship?
After the property is bought and the application is filed, it takes between 3 to 6 months to get the Turkish citizenship and Turkish passport.
5. How many countries can I travel with a Turkish passport without visa?
Turkish passport holders have visa-free or visa on arrival access to 110 destinations.
6. Who is eligible to get Turkish Citizenship in my family, if I applied?
Your spouse and children, who are under 18 years old are allowed to submit an application for Turkish Citizenship basing on your investment at the same time as you.
7. Do I have to speak Turkish to be eligible for Turkish Citizenship?
There is no requirement regarding the knowledge of the Turkish language.
8. Do I need to stay in Turkey for any specific period of time to be allowed to apply for Turkish Citizenship by investment?
Residing in Turkey for a particular period of time before or after the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship by Investment is not obligatory.
9. My eldest son is 17 years and 5 months old. The age will be considered once the application file is submitted or when the application is finalized and citizenship would be granted to the investor?
Age of your son while starting the application procedures will be taken under consideration. As long as you start the application process before your son turns 18, he will be eligible for the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship.
10. One of my children is over 18 years old but still studying at University and financially is completely dependent on me. Can he/she also apply for Turkish Citizenship on the basis of my investment?
Children of investors, which are over 18 years old are not eligible for the application even if they are financially dependent on their parents.
11. If the property I buy is not worth 250,000 USD, can I buy several properties to fulfill the 250,000 USD limit?
You can buy several properties that have a total value of a minimum of 250.000 USD. The values declared at the sale at Title Deed Office and appraisal values should be consistent with that value.
12. Can two buyers purchase one property and apply for citizenship?
A property can be purchased by multiple buyers for citizenship purposes. For example, a property valued at $500,000 can be paid by two buyers for $250,000 each. At this time, each buyer will purchase 50% of the property and sign a separate purchase agreement for the 50% interest. The two owners do not need to be related, and no documents are required to prove the relationship between the two owners.
13. Do I need to change my registered address after I sell the property?
If the property address is your residential address, then it will need to be changed after the sale. If you are not settled in Turkey with no permanent address, then no address needs to be changed upon the sale of the property.
14. Do you offer anything besides residential properties?
Yes, we have properties available in any asset class including commercial, office, retail and both single-family and multi-family residential real estate.
15. Do you recommend any local real estate developers?
For details regarding Application for Turkish Citizenship by Investment in Real Estate Development Projects please click here to read our article.
16. Does Turkey tax on your global income? – No.
17. Do I have to visit Turkey at any step in the process? If so, when and how many times?
You only have to visit Turkey 01 time during this process, and that is after your application is approved and you are ready to receive your passport and identification card.
All other steps in the process can be carried out by a lawyer without you being present, with a Power of Attorney (“POA”) signed and notarized at your local Turkish Consulate.
*Odin Land do recommend that you visit Turkey to conduct an inspection tour ant to choose a suitable property.
18. How long is the validity of a Turkish passport?
Passports are valid for at least 6 months and up to 10 years (5 years for children). Expired passports must be renewed. The renewal process is simple and the passport can be renewed without undue burden.
19. Are there good schools and universities in Turkey? How much do they cost?
Private international schools range from $4,500 to $20,000 per year. They are available in English, French, and German. As of 2016, Turkey has a total of 178 universities, of which two-thirds are public and one-third is private.
20. Education System in Turkey
Please click here to read more
21. Turkey economy
Turkey’s economic and social development performance since 2000 has been impressive, leading to increased employment and incomes and making Turkey an upper-middle-income country.
Agriculture – products: tobacco, cotton, grain, olives, sugar beets, hazelnuts, pulses, citrus; livestock
Industries: textiles, food processing, automobiles, electronics, mining (coal, chromate, copper, boron), steel, petroleum, construction, lumber, paper
See more here
22. How is the weather in Turkey?
See more here
23. Turkish healthcare system
See more here
24. Cost of living in Turkey
See more here