The Premier of New Brunswick wants to increase the province’s population to one million in 2040.
Premier Blaine Higgs brought up the province’s aging population and labour market shortage during an annual “state of the province” speech, the Canadian Press reports.
The premiere referred to the province’s population growth strategy released this past summer, which says that nearly 120,000 jobs will become available in New Brunswick over the next decade.
The growth strategy also says that New Brunswick will raise the number of economic immigrants settling in New Brunswick each year to 7,500 by 2024. However, those numbers were set by the federal government, and Higgs told the audience of business people and reporters that the province would be pushing for an intake of 10,000 each year.
He said the province is opening new offices in India and Europe in order to promote New Brunswick immigration to foreign talent and investors.
Odin Land – New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
- Make a minimum $250,000 investment in a New Brunswick business in accordance with Section 87 of the IRPA regulations
- Deposit $100,000 with the province of New Brunswick (conditionally refundable after running a business in NB for 1 year)
- To be granted permanent residence card for the whole family and enjoy all the benefits
- When the applicant family moves to NB, the children can attend public school in NB for free (kindergarten to grade 12)
- University tuition is only one third compared to international students, with no restrictions on the school or field of study.
- Fast federal processing is expected (9-12 months in most posts)
For more details please contact Odin Land hotline: 0906.827.700 for consultant